Ceylon Linux step by step guides will help for busy systems administrators who need to quickly finish a project with just the essential background information for it all to make sense.
Our publications and tutorials focus on of how to get the most common Linux server tasks done. It is clear, easy to understand, and quick.
Each publication explains a typical departmental, small office or home network scenario and shows you how to set up the Linux servers most businesses need.
Explanations are given not like a lecturer, but as a trusted and experienced co-worker. The chapters have a logical flow of information starting with concise backgrounders and ending with a troubleshooting section. They cover these essential topics:
- Software installation
- Networking setup and troubleshooting
- Samba for Windows files on Linux servers
- Linux to Linux file sharing with NFS
- Simple MySQL database administration
- LDAP and NIS for centralized logins
- FTP and SCP file transfers
- Wireless Hotspots design with nocatauth
- MRTG server performance monitoring
- Linux firewalls and VPNs
- Squid for web access control
- DHCP server setup
- Web server setup
- DNS server setup
- Mail server setup
- Time synchronization with NTP
- Error reporting with Syslog
- Securing Linux
- Restricting users' disk space usage with quotas
- Disk drive redundancy with software RAID
As the line between power users and administrators continues to blur, as computers move from the data center to the desktop, as Linux and Windows gain equal footing in business, it becomes harder to remember and do it all. These tutorials and publications make it easier, simpler and quicker.